Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 12:44:37 -0500
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Reinstall bootblocks in MBR?

Can anybody tell me how to reinstall the bootblocks in my MBR so that I can
dual boot Windows98 and FreeBSD 4.1?

I have searched all the online docs about disklabel and I can not get it to
work.  I keep getting errors about missing disklabel on /dev/ad0c or some
such deal.  My setup is /dev/ad0 is my Windows98 disk and /dev/ad1s1 is a
6GB FAT32 partition and /dev/ad1s2a is the boot partition for FreeBSD.

I have tried:  disklabel -B ad0 as well as a few variations.

Thanks in advance,

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net