Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 08:53:13 -0600
From:      Douglas Egan <degan@calcon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bind:  permission denied

I just installed ports/mail/sylpheed.  I installed like I always install
something from ports; as root, make; make install;

I can execute the program from root, but cannot execute it as a normal
user.  I get:

%sylpheed
bind: Permission denied
%

The author of syplheed suggested looking at the /tmp permissions, but
they were as suggested and as installed.

drwxrwxrwt   8 root   wheel     1024 Feb 14 03:23 tmp

%uname -a
FreeBSD porgy 4.4-STABLE FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE #0: Thu Dec 13 14:40:35 CST
2001     degan@porgy:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DOUG-AMD  i386
%

Any ideas?

Doug Egan