Date:      25 Nov 2000 10:01:46 -0000
From:      sharpmind2@371.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   about ppp's mode

Working in foreground mode
using interface: tun0
warning: manual dial is only available for auto and interactive links
Nov 23 13:39:53 cp ppp[629]: Warning: Manual dial is only available for auto and interactive links
Warning: dial: Failed 1
Nov 23 13:39:53 cp ppp[629]: Warning: dial: Failed 1

when i made ppp work in ddial and background mode, the error was the same.
however, ppp could still work. I could  hear my modem's voice,and then I went
into internet successively.

from the output I knew  that "Manual" dial is only available for auto
and interactive mode.

I dont kown what method is available for foreground ,background,ddial mode.