Date:      Sun, 25 Jan 1998 13:03:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <dyson@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        scottm@cs.ucla.edu (Scott Michel)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stable current?

Scott Michel said:

> For UNI kernels, John's latest round of vm changes seem to be more
> stable -- OTOH I'm not really pushing things that hard either.

Rather than announcing the system is "better", I have been holding
out until someone else sees it.  The only thing(s) that shouldn't
be working are the layered filesystems.  Those thing(s) are really
broken, and absolutely no Lite/2 derivative has them working properly.

Because of the structure of the merged VM/Buffer cache, we haven't had them
working for, a long time but now at least we have a better chance of someone
fixing them.