Date:      Sat, 13 Oct 2007 10:42:23 +0200
From:      "Thomas Gielfeldt" <thomas@gielfeldt.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD locks up on J7F4 motherboard

Hi

Has anyone any experience with the Jetway Motherboards and FreeBSD?

My motherboard is a Jetway 7F4K1G2E-PB has dual gigabit lan (realtek) =
detected as re0 and re1. I'm trying to install FreeBSD 6.2 Release, but =
as soon as it tries to dhcp on re1, it freezes. I have to power off and =
on.

I've also tried booting an already installed FreeBSD 6.2 stable, but =
this also resulted in a freeze when re1 comes up. It just freezes, no =
messages or anything.=20

Somewhere on the net, I saw someone who said that it only happens after =
a cold-reset. I've been part able to confirm this, but even after =
getting freebsd up and running with both nics up, after a while it just =
locks up.

I've tried changed from auto-sense to e.g. base1000tx full-duplex, but =
that did not resolve the issue either. I'm not entirely sure that the =
problem are the nics, but it seems to point in that direction.

Windows XP runs fine, so it shouldn't be a hardware error. However =
running XP is not the solution to my problems :-)

Does anyone know this problem, or perhaps (even better) a solution to =
it?

Thanks.

Br,

Thomas