Date:      Mon, 06 May 1996 21:56:35 -0700
From:      Bob <Huang@fred.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        huang@fred.net
Subject:   make failed to compile my kernel

Hello,
	I have just bought the freebsd cdrom and install the 201mbit
developers package. With many of the ports almost all except the Japan
ones. I then tried to compile the kernel to reduce it's size. I have set
the kernel up for no math emul, i586 only scsi ,adaptech 2940, scsi
tape,disk,cdrom, removed the sco term and added the vt220 term. I am
running the freebsd on a 1gbit drive all byitself the boot disk worked
fine and detected my scsi but not my ne2000. another reason to make a
new kernel and get all the thing I do not use out..My pc is pentium 100,
64mbit ram, ah2940 scsi interface with ,scsi tape,disk,cdrom. The
following was my error
the make depend went fine Then I did make it went fine until the end

kern_sysctl.o: undefined symbol '_hw_float' referenced from the text
segment
error code 1
Stop

Thanks for your help on this matter