Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:02:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Paul James <paul.james@1u.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, hackers@d.sparks.net, Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
Subject:   Re: Dell 2650 SMP perf question

On 15-Sep-2002 Paul James wrote:
> Hi,
> I was told that this has something to do with the scheduler and, it is
> best to wait until the work on the scheduler is complete.

No, I don't know what it is yet, but the "problem" is that when the SMP code
tries to wake up the second processor, the second processor doesn't get
to the right place to tell the first one that it started successfully.  It
may be that it isn't starting, or it may be that it is starting but is going
off into lala land.