Date:      Mon, 11 Apr 2011 10:47:31 +0200
From:      Bernhard Froehlich <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AW: VBox 4.0.4 testing : keyboard layout issue

On Sat, 9 Apr 2011 13:34:43 -0300, Mario Lobo wrote:
> On Saturday 09 April 2011 12:56:40 Kevin Oberman wrote:
>> > From: Tobias Oberstein <tobias.oberstein@tavendo.de>
>> > Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 06:10:46 -0700
>> > Sender: owner-freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
>> >
>> > Hello Bernhard,

>> > I did not test it with 3.x, because we need 4.x ..

>> > ok. I see.
>> >
>> > Would you have time / be willing to accept a small sponsorship to fix
>> > the issue - regardless if it's upstream or a port issue? If so, send
>> > me a private mail .. would be cool;)
>>
>> I am not at all comfortable with 4.0.4 on the up-stream side. I have it
>> installed on my personal Windows7 system (previously running 3.2.12 with
>> an Ubuntu client and I a seeing the keyboard lock-ups there.
>>
>> I ma also having LOT of crashes of the VM. I just get a Win7 popup
>> telling my that the VM has unexpectedly exited and do I want to report
>> it to Microsoft. After the stability of the v3 B, this is very
>> disappointing.
>>
>> I'll admit to being very nervous about 4.0.4.
>
> Man, besides a few resolved problems with previous nvidia drivers and vbox
> 3.x, I am yet to see issues on VBox and FBSD amd64 host!

It's great if it works for you but fact is that 4.0.4 has some
regressions that make it unstable for a lot of users. Some of the
problems seem to be FreeBSD specific but it does also not look great on
other platforms. From what i've seen they are currently fixing lots of
bugs upstream so I expect that the situation improves a lot with 4.0.6.

See the Buglist on the bottom:
http://wiki.freebsd.org/VirtualBox/ToDo

--
Bernhard Fröhlich