Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 1995 03:54:17 -0500
From:      Basket Case <jon@pcca71.gallaudet.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting up PPP to a ethernetted box

I havent found any documentation on this but I'm wondering how one can do
this.  Lets say there is a ethernet box with the ip of 134.231.8.132 and it
has a modem attached to it.  What I would like to do is set up PPP to
134.231.8.132 without setting up my own IP number and having it physically
attached to the network.  My current provider does not allow me use more than
one IP number -- I was thinking perhaps the ethernet box could act as a router -
or a forwarder.  But I'm not quite sure as to how I can get this to work,
especially with PPP.  Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Jon