Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2008 02:26:58 +0000
From:      Pegasus Mc Cleaft <ken@mthelicon.com>
To:        Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: who on FreeBSD 8.0 - AMD64

On Monday 24 November 2008 02:19:40 Garrett Cooper wrote:
> On Nov 23, 2008, at 5:52 PM, Pegasus Mc Cleaft wrote:
> > Hello Hackers,

<SNIP>

> 	`who' works perfectly fine for me on CURRENT/AMD64 synced up 3 days
> ago, via an ssh terminal. Can you provide more details, e.g. when was
> your last sync date, did you blow away your utmp directory, etc?
> Thanks,
> -Garrett

Hi Garrett,
	Its actually the other way around. If I SSH into the machine, I see my login
in the 'who', however, if I telnet in or use a xterm I dont..

	The last sync/build world/build kernel I have done was about 24 hours ago,
however, I think the problem has been going on for a while now. I noticed it
about a month ago and forgot about it until the other day when I tried using
'who' again.

	I havent blown away the utmp directory (or touched it, for that matter). I
can try clearing if, if you think it may help?

Ta
Peg