Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:20:31 -0400
From:      "Gary T. Corcoran" <gcorcoran@lucent.com>
To:        "Zaitsau, Andrei" <AZaitsau@panasonicfa.com>
Cc:        "'Julian Elischer'" <julian@elischer.org>, "'freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: BPF usage questions

"Zaitsau, Andrei" wrote:

> Sorry for a small comment (not really related to the topic).
> I wouldn't call it DSL modem, As far as I know it does not have analog data,
> so there is nothing to Modulate/Demodulate. I would refer it as a router or
> bridge... I guess...
> Feel Free to correct me if I am wrong.

I've been working on DSL (writing drivers) for almost 3 years.
Although it is vastly different from V.90, the analog modem standard,
you certainly *do* have to modulate/demodulate DSL onto your phone
wire.  It's just a different and much more complicated type of modulation
scheme.  So the term "DSL modem" is technically correct...

Gary