Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 1996 12:27:05 PST
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        magner@blueridge-ef.saic.com (Tony Magner), freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot problem

> Tony Magner stands accused of saying:
> > 	F1 . . . BSD
> >
> > 	Default: F?
> >
> > Q: Did I do something wrong during install?  What does this msg mean and I how do I rid myself of it?

After i installed freebsd, I got booteasy 14 off a simtel cd and tried
to install it (it worked before).

Following the instruction, the same thing happened...I have a Packard Bell
P100 with a 1.2 gigabyte disk...(first 500 Mbyte dos, next 300 meg extended,
and then a freebsd slice).

I also can boot if I select the active partition in fdisk...

Also, fbsdboot has problems (it starts booting, prints a message and then
halts [not sure what the message is...]

I tried winbsdboot, and it could read the partition (it tells me what
I can boot from...)

I have no problem booting from a boot disk selecting
wd(0,a)/kernel*

--
marty
leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com