Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:21:57 +0300
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FBSD as Gateway to a DOS box

On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 03:20:26PM +0000, Duke Normandin wrote:
> Is it possible to successfully use FBSD as a gateway to a DOS (non-Win9x)
> box? What would be needed on the DOS side -- Netware et al? What about
> file sharing? DOS freeware solutions prefered ;,) Tia....
You can use FreeBSD as fileserver for any Netware client enabled OS.
/usr/ports/net/mars_nwe
I had used Linux+MARS_NWE as Netware-like server for DOS workstations
with good results. Performance was also good.
Also, if you wish use old 286 or 386 with little of RAM as web
browser, then look at http://www.phystechsoft.com They provide their
own version of DOS-like system with good memory requirements, easy to
use interface, MS-DOS compatability, and WWW browser builin. They
provide free (as in beer) copy of their DOS. 2 floppy disk images.

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",
Sochi, Russia