Date:      Sat, 07 Nov 1998 09:52:28 -0800
From:      larry_nilsen <larry_nilsen@eee.org>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ping hostname

Hi I have FREEBSD 2.2.7 installed
i would like to run ppp?
Question this is what it looks like
pppONcircle>term
working in interactivemode
Type ? for help
[]
          this is all it gives me? i cant type nothing
  because my cursor is gone and all i see is a
little white rectangle box just sitting there bottom
left corner i cant even type ? to get anything.
please what am i not doing to beable to dial my
isp.if this helps this is another message i see

circle# ping hostname
ping: cannot resolve hostname: host name
lookup failure.
is there away to fix this problem and if so
please" step by step how to instruction.
P.S. can you send me quick working
examples what im suppose to have in these
three files.im not going to be a server i just
want to dial my isp and connect to the internet.
/etc/host.conf
/etc/hosts
/etc/resolv.conf
                                      thankyou