Date:      Fri, 29 Jun 2018 00:05:59 +0200
From:      Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joseph Ward <jbwlists@hilltopgroup.com>
Cc:        Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any way to prevent do-extract chmod and chown?

--kpakihhqwzuvadiy

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 01:43:41PM -0400, Joseph Ward wrote:
> Thank you.=A0 I found that to be the case; even though changing the
> "do-extract" target successfully staged the files and directories with
> the original permissions, pkg create seems to strip them out again
> without the pkg-plist additions.
>=20
> Are you aware of an easy/already existing command to create the
> pkg-plist with the user/group/permissions items for each file, or is
> that a script I'm going to have to write manually?=A0 I'm currently using
> the makeplist target as there are no subsitutions or anything else that
> would screw up the default scenario.

I am not aware of anything.  But if you already have "stuff" creating a
big hierarchy with many users and groups, it may be easier to adapt
"stuff" to generate a pkg-plist file, or maybe to split your ports into
smaller, more manageable bits.

make makeplist will give you a correct listing of files and
directories, but as everything runs as a regular user, it cannot be
aware of the users/groups you intend on using in the plist.

--=20
Mathieu Arnold

--kpakihhqwzuvadiy

--kpakihhqwzuvadiy--