Date:      Fri, 02 Jan 2004 17:46:33 -0500
From:      Pete Fritchman <petef@FreeBSD.org>
To:        harti@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help from a ports committer needed

* Fri, 02 Jan 2004 16:33:10 +0100 - Harti Brandt:
| I have attached what, I think, constitutes a minimal port infrastructure.
| Unfortunately the port makefile fails, while the package builds just fine
| standalone (just do a configure; make). This seems due to the arguments
| which are passed to the configure script. Perhaps something is missing in
| the Makefile.

Ok.  You'll need a distinfo, too, which you can generate with "make makesum".

I think these modifications would be good (helps the port pass portlint
and configure),

http://people.freebsd.org/~petef/atmsupport.diff

However, I still can't compile this on a 4.x machine:

cc1: Invalid option `-Wsystem-headers'
cc1: unknown C standard `c99'
ats_exp.c:41: syntax error before `expr'
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
[...] (full log on request)

HTH,

--pete