Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 05:40:01 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        Matthew Eash <meash20@iname.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Virtual Servers

> Matthew Eash wrote:
>
> I am curious about the Ability and ease of creating Virtual Servers with
> FreeBSD.  I want to set up Web Servers that can be one Large server with
> multiple virtual servers on it.  This would have multiple Config files for
> Apace etc.  This would allow multiple users to setup and configure
> Applications such as sendmail, Apache and FTp accounts on their own virtual
> server that is only a small part of the Overall Server.  I would appreciate
> any input on this topic.

Get a copy of O'Reilly's Apache, The Definitive Guide. It will get
into your first issue. Not that I've managed to get it to work, but
it does get into that topic <g>.

O'Reilly also has books on sendmail and whatever.

Nonetheless you whish for Grand Unifying Web Theory may be a tad on
the premature side. At least, if you're not willing to code it yourself
at last partly.

Roelof

--
Būter, brea en griene tsiis
Hwa dat net ite kin is gjin oprjochte Fries