Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 22:15:58 -0400
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        imp@rover.village.org (Warner Losh), sef@Kithrup.COM, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I am contemplating the following change...

> On top of that, working out which interrupt the card is on is not
> easy.  There isn't some convenient register that you can read for
> this. 8(

Back in the days when I ran 4.[23]BSD on my VAX 11/750, the autoconfig
code planted trap catchers in all the likely interrupts vectors.  All
you had to do was poke at the device being probed enough to cause an
interrupt, any interrupt.   I don't seem to recall configuring
interrupt vectors in my kernel config, and the good thing about UNIBUS
peripherals is that you weren't likely to run out of interrupts.

Or am I just dreaming this?

louie