Date:      Sat, 02 May 1998 17:01:23 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        James Brabson <synic@strauss.udel.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Internal IDE Zip problem...

James Brabson wrote:

> When booting my machine (2.2.6) detects the zip as "buggy" device...and it
> sets it up as /dev/wfd0.  My problem is that when I try to mount this
> using:
>
> mount -t msdos /dev/wfd0 /zip
>
> it fails...returns:
>
> msdos: /dev/wfd0: Invalid argument

	DOS formatted zip disks have their actual partition on slice 4. You
want to do:
mount -t msdos /dev/wfd0s4 /zip

Make sure that both the device node and the mount point exist first.

	For future reference, I'm sure this answer is in the archives, next
time try http://www.freebsd.org/search.html before asking here. :)

Good luck,

Doug

--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud designer and maintainer of the world's largest Internet