Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2000 19:52:12 +0100
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hibernation of toshiba

A little of times ago I was looking for informations about my new laptop.
Mr. Chain Lee <chain@110.net> answered me and in his reply he pointed out
this iussue ...

"Suspend/resume the machine works well, provided you don't do it w/ X
window running, and therefore quite useless. I am not sure how to do
hibernation or if it does it at all. The 3440 BIOS seems to support
restoring from a raw hibernation partition (type 84). I found this out
accidentally by creating a partition with type set to 84. However I dont
know how to get it to hibernate under FreeBSD. Would appreciate the
information from anyone. "

My question to you is this : How do I hybernate my toshiba 3440  providing
the fact I have made a tyoe 84 partition ?

Thanks to everyone ....

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.giovannelli.it/~gmarco
http://www2.masternet.it