Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2007 21:58:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Lars Stokholm <lars.stokholm@gmail.com>
Cc:        Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Has portmaster gone insane?

--0-514596749-1191733126=:62920

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Lars Stokholm wrote:

> On 10/5/07, Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 10/5/07, Lars Stokholm <lars.stokholm@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Running 'portmaster --clean-distfiles-all' it began to delete *a lot*
>>> of files it shouldn't. I haven't had time to see how much is missing,
>>> but I guess is so much, that the entire installation is screwed.

I'm sincerely sorry that you've had this problem. I think Scot is right in
that the code for --clean-distfiles* is pretty simple, and relies totally
on a proper definition of DISTDIR.

I think I can see _what_ is happening, although I can't tell you why it's
happening. Somehow the definition of DISTDIR on your system is empty, and
so it's starting the find in / instead of /usr/ports/distfiles as it
should. I'll add a check for empty DISTDIR and roll it into an update I'm
working on at the moment.

>>> It choked on a filename of a weird charset, so it didn't get a chance
>>> to delete everything.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here, but I'm glad to hear that it
didn't delete everything. Can you please try the attached patch and tell
me if you get the error?

>> Portmaster uses the following to determine the value of DISTDIR.  What
>> does this show that DISTDIR is set to?
>>
>> make BEFOREPORTMK=yes -f/usr/share/mk/bsd.port.mk -V DISTDIR
>
> I'll have a look tomorrow.

I'm very interested in the results here.

Doug

--0-514596749-1191733126=:62920
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--0-514596749-1191733126=:62920--