Date:      Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:30:50 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Smashing Bill Gates necessary? - ressurected?

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

On 10/29/01 11:08 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt sat at the `puter and typed:

com

Much as I hate to say it Ted, weren't you the one who originally asked
that this thread be taken off list?

I agreed with your  statement that it was way OT,  and the message you
replied to here was sent off  list. And to someone else exclusively. I
was unaware that  my statements were going to be  brought back on list
by some  third party. Not  that I regret  them, or don't  stand behind
them. Like  someone else said  in this (ressurected)  thread, opinions
are  like  @ssholes, everyone's  got  one.  And of  course  everyone's
entitled.

I have no problem discussing these  things, either on or off list, but
I am having a little trouble understanding just where you stand on it.
You  seem  to be  playing  devil's  advocate  for opposing  ideas.  My
brother's  like that.  He  doesn't  care which  side  he's on  (within
reason) so long as he can argue an opposing point with someone.

Either way,  I still think this  is OT (never thought  I'd be swingin'
that bat),  and I'm  not entirely  sure how I  feel about  my comments
being brought back out in public  when I was under the impression they
were made to a limited forum. And like I wrote above, this has nothing
to do with wether I stand by  what I wrote. Right or wrong, everyone's
entitled to an opinion. I accept that mine may be incorrect, improper,
impolite, or just plain stupid -  in certain contexts, but that is why
I *am* willing to  discuss them in a forum. At  least define the forum
and inform all parties when it will be changed?

$0.02
--=20
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     =D4=BF=D4=AC

Power, n.:
  The only narcotic regulated by the SEC instead of the FDA.

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb--