Date:      Thu, 04 Oct 2001 15:24:12 -0400
From:      Mike Pelley <mike@pelley.com>
To:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Web Site

I would like to create a mirror of the FreeBSD site on my web server.
I've checked out the www module from CVS and built all of the required
tools.

There is one catch though - this particular web server is running on
NetBSD.  Several of the files build ok, but then I get an error.  It
seems to be related to subdirectory recursion, as all the files in the
root of en get built, but then it cannot find "security" which is the
first directory on the SUBDIR list in en:

   [various htmls built, finishing with y2kbug.html]
   ===> security: not found
   *** Error code 127

   Stop.

I was suspicious of the ".include <bsd.subdir.mk>" in the top level
Makefile - perhaps it is significantly different from FreeBSD to NetBSD.
  I checked out src/share/mk from freebsd and changed the includes to
point to that directory with absolute paths:

.include "/usr/local/freebsd/share/mk/bsd.obj.mk"
.include "/usr/local/freebsd/share/mk/bsd.subdir.mk"

but then the top level build can't even find en.  Do you have any
thoughts on how I might make this work?

Thanks,

Mike.