Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:58:43 -0700
From:      Brett Rogers <loki_bsd@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        AZNPrideChinese@worldnet.att.net
Subject:   Re: i am having trouble using aim

On Thursday 13 June 2002 02:29 am, AZNPrideChinese wrote:
> they say i need to enable linux compatibility, how do i do that?
> plus they say the files inux files libgdk-1.2.so.0 and libgtk-1.2.so.0 =
must
> be placed in the /compat/linux/lib directory, where do i find those two
> files?

=09Try running /stand/sysinstall, goto configure, and startup.  There sho=
uld be=20
a linux compatibility option.  If I'm not mistaken, this downloads and=20
installs whatever packages are necessary automatically.  The only problem=
 Ive=20
found doing this is that release name in options must be modified beforeh=
and. =20
I was using 4.6-RC4 in this field on the master FTP server, but now it do=
esnt=20
seem to accept that.  If you change the field to 4.6-RELEASE, it works on=
 the=20
master site, but for any mirrors, you may have to play around to find wha=
t=20
field it will accept.  Hope this helps.

-Brett