Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:52:01 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Security Check output mailing?

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

On 11/14/01 12:44 PM, dave sat at the `puter and typed:
> At 02:22 PM 11/10/01 -0500, you wrote:
>=20
> >
> >Any   idea  how   to   get   security  to   be   sent  explicitly   to
> >root@keyslapper.org?
> >
>=20
> Simplest way I've found is to just put a .forward file in the root home
> directory and have the mail  "root@that.host" forwarded to the machine
> that I read mail on. If you want to get more sophisticated and just
> have some of the root mail forwarded, procmail is another option.=20
>=20
> Modifying the scripts is the other way, but having all of the root=20
> mail forwarded to somewhere that I'm sure to see it has worked
> for me. I then just filter it with procmail at the machine where I read i=
t.
>=20
> dave

For that, I actually prefer to set the /etc/mail/aliases to forward
all mail to another address explicitly.  It works fine.  The problem
was that the script was sending to nobody, then sendmail adds 'To:
undisclosed-recipients' which I am catching in my spam filter.
Editing the script is probably the best solution unless I want to
start filtering some of that spam differently.

Thanks for the feedback.
Lou
--=20
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     =D4=BF=D4=AC

QOTD:
  The only easy way to tell a hamster from a gerbil is that the
  gerbil has more dark meat.

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR--