Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 2000 14:14:12 +0200
From:      "Lucien Meyers" <lucien.meyers@zurich.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   hardware device drivers

Please reply to:

a.l.meyers@consult-meyers.com

Dear friends,

Trying to install FreeBSD 4.0 on a new notebook. Most of the installation
has gone very smoothly. Could you tell me please which drivers (if at all)
support the following hardware devices and where I can find the drivers:

1. Adaptec slim SCSI PCMCIA card APA-1480 (maybe it helps to know Linux
support: Kernel driver aic7xxx)

2. Xircom dual PCMCIA ethernet and modem "Credit Card CE2" (support in
Linux 2.2.14)

3. ESS ES1978 "Maestro" sound card (Linux: kernel 2.2.14 )

Any tips you could give me to configure these devices respectively their
drivers and / or the kernel would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

A. L. Meyers