Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:08:00 +0100
From:      "Gerard Meijer" <gmeijer@palmweb.nl>
To:        "Greg Barniskis" <nalists@scls.lib.wi.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: get local sendmail to use MX records

I really don't understand it at all now.

When I run sendmail in test mode (sendmail -bt) and I do:

3,0 something@domain.com, I get:

canonify           input: something @ domain . com
Canonify2          input: something < @ domain . com >
Canonify2        returns: something < @ domain . com . >
canonify         returns: something < @ domain . com . >
parse              input: something < @ domain . com . >
Parse0             input: something < @ domain . com . >
Parse0           returns: something < @ domain . com . >
ParseLocal         input: something < @ domain . com . >
ParseLocal       returns: something < @ domain . com . >
Parse1             input: something < @ domain . com . >
Parse1           returns: $# local $: something
parse            returns: $# local $: something

So obviously sendmail thinks it should handle the mail. Strange thing is
that I have 6 domains hosted on this server and I get this outcome by two of
them. One is the domain I'm talking about and the other one is
something@machine.domainB.com. something@domainB.com works as it should work
and goes to the other server.

I emptied my virtusertable and local-host-names files. I really don't know
why this happens.