Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 09:43:34 -0400
From:      Matthew Botos <mlb27@cornell.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp, dos install problems

I've been trying to do a passive FTP install of 3.1-RELEASE and keep
getting horrible speeds on the order of 2KB/sec.  The machine is connected
via a 3c509 card on 10baseT to an OpenBSD box doing NAT to a cable modem.
I get similar results trying to do an FTP install getting the files from
the OpenBSD box.  I also tried putting the distribution on a local dos
partition, but the install program doesn't seem to find it there, nor does
it prompt me for a location.  Can anyone help me out?

Matthew