Date:      Thu, 16 May 2002 07:40:18 +0200
From:      Nicolas Souchu <nsouch@free.fr>
To:        Troy <sindrome@sindrome.net>
Subject:   Re: S3 Savage on Thinkpad T23 using -CURRENT

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 09:10:57AM -0500, Troy wrote:
> Michael,
>
> Thanks for posting your Thinkpad T23 configuration.  A lot has changed with regards to kernel configuration from STABLE to CURRENT.
>
> The outstanding issue with the Thinkpad T23 in CURRENT is still the S3 SAVAGE video card.  I've had two folks mail their working XF86Config files (used in STABLE) to me and they still do not produce resolution above 1024x768.
>
> It appears that the problem is because the video card is not being
> recognized by the pci configuration (as noted by non0@pci1:0:0:). I'll try
> posting this on the current and multimedia mailing lists to see if anyone
> has an idea.

Graphic board are not attach to any driver either in my configuration:

none1@pci0:11:0:        class=0x030000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x88115333 rev=0x54 hdr=0x00
none2@pci1:0:0: class=0x030000 card=0x0641102b chip=0x0525102b rev=0x82 hdr=0x00

XFree drivers are userland. Only the vga driver is attach by the kernel, which
is not PCI.

--
Nicholas Souchu - nsouch@free.fr - nsouch@FreeBSD.org