Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:00:58 -0500
From:      "Bill Olson" <w0ls0n@gwi.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   80GIG on a Compaq

Hi,

I am using an 80 GIG Drive (Samsung SV8004H)  with Overlay software on a
Compaq. When running fdisk, This is what I see:

Offset                Size (MB)    End                Name    PType    Desc
Subtype
-63                    0                   62                  -
6            unused     0
63                     76737           156360644    ad0s1    2
FAT         12
156360645       3                   156367952    -            6
unused      0

I believe the overlay software is on one of the unused portions that I see
above. Is that correct? Am I looking at this right? I just don't know what I
am looking at. The middle one looks as though it sees the C Drive but
anything other than that, I am lost. If I remove the FAT, I lose the overlay
software. Is there a way around this? Is plugging in another hard drive an
option at all? Like plug in a 400MB Hard Drive and have that as the C Drive.
Them plug the 80GIG into the secondary ide controller. Does that sound like
a possibility? I'm about up for just about anything. Any ideas are welcome.

William Olson
(207) 729-2623 x 401