Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 1995 13:23:38 +0100
From:      Richard Hesketh <R.L.Hesketh@ukc.ac.uk>
To:        Rob Snow <rsnow@legend.txdirect.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PPP Throughput for you?

>I'm getting between 2.2KB - 2.6KB second through ftp (ncftp2)
>on binary compressed files (bin.aa) from either cdrom.com or from
>my local provider.

I'm seeing about half this with a 14.4K modem dialing up to a local
PPP service.  Which, without compression turned on, seems to imply
that a 28.8k modem should give you what you are seeing.

>I's this in line with what other FreeBSD'ers are seeing for a 28.8Kb modem?

>iij-ppp, 205R, USR-Sporster v.34, MNP5 turned off.

iij-ppp is a terrific client, anybody got any notes on exactly how
to configure it for automatic dialup and/or dialup on demand?

Ta,

Richard