Date:      Thu, 22 May 2003 02:09:29 +0200
From:      Christian Koch <christian-koch@gmx.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Subject:   Re: 5.0-RELEASE --> cannot build any Mozilla Version

On Wednesday May 21 2003 23:59, you wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 16:32, Matthias Buelow wrote:
> > Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> > >
> > > A compiler bug. Drop the optimization to plain -O and you should
> > > be fine.
> >
> > Hmm, I built mine with -O2 -mpentiumpro and it worked ok; which options
> > exactly trigger the bug?
>
> --march=p4 or pentium4 will cause Mozilla to break.
>
> Joe

Thanks for the info, and sorry for wrong group. Now with i686 setting in
/etc/make.conf everything compiles. I checked man(5) make.conf for info about
the specific flags passed to gcc by a setting like p4 or i686 but did not
find anything. It is true however, that I have a new PC with a Pentium 4.
Something like that happened never before with my old Athlon and the i686
setting.  Anyway I will bother the gcc newsgroup with that and want to thank
you all for your help.