Date:      Tue, 02 Sep 2003 05:32:32 -0600
From:      "Aaron Wohl" <awohl@awohl.com>
To:        "Scott Long" <scottl@freebsd.org>, "Scott Ballantyne" <sdb@ssr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adaptec AACCLI (was Re :Adaptec 2120S question...)

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 02:46:24 -0600, "Scott Long" <scottl@freebsd.org>
said:
> The CLI is called 'aaccli' and is buried in the RPM.  This is the
> program that you want.  It's a little tricky to learn, but it is
> quite powerful, scriptable, and useful.  What you'll need to do is
> extract the RPM with 'rpm2cpio < <rpmfile> | cpio -i --make-directories'
> Search through the result for aaccli, and run the command 'brandelf -t
> Linux aaccli'.  After that, the aaccli should be ready to run.
>
> Don't hesitate to email me if you have questions/problems.
>
> Scott

Does anyone have perl script to run aaccli every hour to check for for
failures (drive/container/temperature/redundant power/etc)?  With the
previous utility dptutil for adaptec controllers it was easy with -Lall
to see an Optimal status for each drive and container when it was happy
which changed when it broke.  With aaccli its not clear to me how every
kind of failure would show up.