Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 1999 17:00:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        jcwells@u.washington.edu, brett@lariat.org, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Targeting the server: Not such a good idea?

Hi,

> [snip of everything that's gone before]

There's an interesting article at XML.com.  It's a talk that Tim O'Reilly
gave in Tokyo at a Linux convention.  In the article he points out that he
believes there's a new revolution in computing going on - not software,
not hardware, but a shift to web sites as the "killer app" and that all of
the focus of the Linux users on "beating MS at the desktop" is totally
misplaced when they should be focusing on what is to come.

	http://xml.com/pub/1999/10/tokyo.html

Anyway, I think this is a nice contrast to what Brett normally talks about
(not focusing solely on the server and taking on the desktop) - whether it
has any merits I'll leave to you the reader.  :-)

Brett
Dr. Brett Taylor         brett@peloton.runet.edu    *
Dept of Chem and Physics			    *
Curie 39A	(540) 831-6147                      *
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics		    *
Walker 234	(540) 831-5410			    *