Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:10:44 +0200
From:      Jim Xochellis <dxoch@escape.gr>
To:        Alex de Kruijff <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ip-up script of pppd no triggered

Hi Alex, hi list,

On Thursday, November 13, 2003, at 04:23 AM, Alex de Kruijff wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 07:31:29PM +0200, Jim Xochellis wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I need persuade pppd to call its ip-up script in order to add a
>> non-default route when the link is up and running. Unfortunately it
>> seems that my ip-up script is not being called. The mode of the file
>> is
>> rwxr-xr-x and the owner root:wheel. I am calling the pppd from inside
>> "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/ppp.sh" script by using the following command:
>> "/usr/sbin/pppd /dev/cuaa0 115200 A.A.A.A:B.B.B.B noauth persist
>> netmask 255.255.255.252"
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> This is, if i'm not mistaiken, written down in the handbook.
> --
> Alex
>
> Articles based on solutions that I use:
> http://www.kruijff.org/alex/index.php?dir=docs/FreeBSD/

I have just read all the chapter #18 of the handbook, but I haven't
found anything about the ip-up script. On the contrary the PPPD(8) man
page claims that the /etc/ppp/ip-up is executed when the link is
available for sending and receiving IP packets. My link becomes
available for sending/receiving IP packets, but ip-up is never
executed. Any ideas why?

By the way, I am using kernel PPP, (on ppp0) if it makes any difference.

Thanks for responding
Jim Xochellis