Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 01:17:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        romank@graphnet.com (Roman Katsnelson)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Solaris question (sorry!)

Roman Katsnelson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am really sorry to post an off-topic question, but I have no time to
> find a SOlaris group right now, and I really need to know.
>
> How does one edit the $PATH in Solaris? Mine is empty and I need to ass
> /usr/local/bin.
>
> Thanks, and my apologies.

This isn't an OS question at all, really. It's a shell question.

For Bourne shells:
PATH="/usr/local/bin/:"$PATH
export PATH

For csh
set path = ( /usr/local/bin $path )

Normally this should be done in ~/.login (csh) or ~/.profile (sh)

dv
--
http://www.microsoft.com/security: `Microsoft Windows NT Server is the most
                  secure network operating system available.'