Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 1998 17:12:35 +0900
From:      Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <itojun@itojun.org>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6

	Oops, I forgot to cc: to hackers...

>I wouldn't say that a main-tree merge would be the way to go but rather a
>vendor branch like the CAM stuff (i believe.)
>It would allow some hacking but would not make the WIDE stuff an
>'official' IPv6 stack for freebsd.

	hmm.  I'll try to think about this and look into how CAM is developed.

>> 	Though we haven't released snapshot for NetBSD yet (we are working
>> 	on userland tools right now), it is on NetBSD-1.3.
>When do you expect a release and would it be possible to get a kernel only
>release diff?

	next month (Feb98).  I'm stuck with my thesis work right now.

	I'll send kernel-only diff for NetBSD-1.3 on request,
	so please contact me if you would like to look into.
	It is almost unusable, since you don't have ifconfig for inet6 :-)
	(as I said we're working on it)

itojun