Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 02:52:28 -0700
From:      "Samuel Lin" <joka83@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PPPoE issues; SOLUTION

as a reply to myself, and to help out the one individual who actually did
reply to my post ~ it turns out that FreeBSD v4.1-RELEASE works with my
PPPoE connection perfectly ..it would seem that 3.4 contains a programming
bug = for the more technically inclined, the PPPoE implementation in FreeBSD
3.4 does not seem to properly recognize the PADR packet sent by the access
concentrator from the server end of the discovery stage; client-side PPPoE
does transmit the initial PADI packet, and the remote server does send a
proper PADR reply packet ~ but 3.4 PPPoE does not recognize it as such, and
ignores the reply, thereby bringing PPPoE initialization to a grinding halt
.i would suggest to mhf to upgrade to version 4.1-RELEASE; if that does not
work, i am available at this email ~ i know what you are going through and i
would be more than happy to help