Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:25:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        matt <matt@BabCom.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BIND NXT Bug Vulnerability

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, matt wrote:
> The ports tree currently has 8.2.1 though, I'm sure alot of people have
> resorted to using this, I have. Has the maintainer of this port been
> contacted yet? -matt

bind builds perfectly from the source.

# make stdlinks
# make clean
# make depend
# make all
# make install

Done.  It looks for named.conf in /etc instead of /etc/namedb but we
have named_flags available or you can just symlink /etc/namedb/named.conf
to /etc/named.conf which is what I do.

You could also edit src/port/freebsd/Makefile.set and change
DESTETC to suit.

Relying on ports for crital bits such as bind and sendmail seems, uh,
risky?

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com