Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:11:11 -0500
From:      "C J Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        "Mr. K." <bsd@inbox.org>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: DSL on FreeBSD

You really need to be more specific.  Can you tell me how many miles per
gallon my vehicle can get w/o knowing what kind of car it is, engine size,
etc...?

What kind of DSL unit are you using?  internal or external?
How do you connect to your ISP?  Static IP, DHCP, PPPoE, PPPoA?

Generally, if you are using an external DSL unit, you should be able to use
FreeBSD w/o any problem.  Static IP, DHCP, and PPPoE are all support,
granted PPPoE is going to require more work on your part to get working.

As for internal DSL units, I don't belive there are currently any drivers
available for FreeBSD, so you'd be out of luck if that was the case.

Also, the best place to look for information on how to do things is the FAQ
http://www.FreeBSD.org/faq/ and to search the FreeBSD mailing
http://www.FreeBSD.org/search/ lists.

-Chris