Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:00:24 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.cc>
To:        "Alexander N. Kabaev" <ak03@gte.com>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>, Siwei Liu <swliu@ns.ciac.jl.cn>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: telnetd broken in -CURRENT

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 01:09:33AM -0500, Alexander N. Kabaev wrote:

> I had this problem with telnet some time ago. See PR bin/32591 at
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/32591 for a patch
> which fixes the problem for me. The memory block is being freed
> twice in the Heimdal code.
>
> Unfortunately, PR got no attention whatsoever for over a month now.
> It is currently assigned to Mark Murray.

Assar fixed this in Heimdal on 2001-06-24 (before Heimdal 0.4a).

We badly need to update Heimdal in the base system.  If assar or markm
don't get to it soon (I assume they are swamped), I'll visit the issue
in February.

Meanwhile, do yourself a favor and use the Heimdal port if you want
Heimdal Kerberos.

Cheers,
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <n@nectar.cc>                 http://www.nectar.cc/
NTT/Verio SME          .     FreeBSD UNIX     .       Heimdal Kerberos