Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 09:21:41 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppp problems on 4.3-RELEASE and PPPoE

James Housley wrote:

> I have been having problems with the the newer Windows machines, 2000 &
> Me, not being able to access some websites.  I have had to manually edit
> the registry to change the MTU.  This should not be needed, because I am
> running 4.3-RELEASE which has had the tcpmssfixup feature for a while.
> It is enabled.  Unfortunately this maching is in an office in Canada,
> and I am not in Canada.  I am using natd and ipfw for NAT and the
> firewall.  The link has a static IP if it matters.  Below I am attaching
> ppp.conf.  I have watched some of the data with tcpdump on both tun0 and
> ed0, but I am not sure what to look for.

if you are using ppp you may save some overhead by using the builtin
NAT/filters in ppp.

In either case, you could do by looking at the tcpdump outputs
of the initial session negotiations between the windows machines
and the websites in question...

--
      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org