Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 2015 15:22:30 +0100
From:      krad <kraduk@gmail.com>
To:        Matt Smith <fbsd@xtaz.co.uk>, Reko Turja <reko.turja@liukuma.net>,  Jaime Kikpole <jkikpole@cairodurham.org>,  FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Blocking SSH access based on bad logins?

Its true moving the port will help as most of the stuff that hits you will
be automated scans. Fail2ban also works well in my experience. However
proper firewall acls and disabling password based auth is a better way to
go, but none of these things are mutually exclusive. Remember security is
like an onion.