Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 1999 00:47:06 +0300
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        Nathan Hackett <zhackett@tus.ssi1.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Firewall protected name server?

I am not a firewall expert but you should give your firewall's IP address
at name records and all the packets coming to your firewall machine at the
named port should be forwarded to the dns machine inside of the firewall
that machine should be configured as the same as you would do if it was
not behind the firewall but just it should have a nonreal IP address...
there is an option in the ifpw for forwarding packages as far as I know.

would you let me know if this kind of approach is working?
I may try to implement this later in our network too.

Evren