Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2000 21:32:28 -0400
From:      James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPv6 error "/kernel: nd6_ns_input: invalid hlim 253"

I have two different networks with IPv4 in IPv6 tunnels to
ToledoLink.com.  On in the USA and one in Canada.  The one in the USA
has been up for a while and is working fine.  The one in Canada is new.
Both are running the exact same version of 4.1-STABLE.  Canada, however,
is attached via xDSL and PPPoE.  When running ssh(IPv6) to Canada I get
a lot, A LOT of "/kernel: nd6_ns_input: invalid hlim 253" on my USA
machine.  Is this because of the slighly smaller packet size of IPv6?
Or is there a real problem I should be looking for?

Jim
--
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
    -- Anon