Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 21:20:18 +1200
From:      rshea@opendoor.co.nz
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Weblogic + FreeBSD

Hi - I'm looking at installing an evaluation copy of WebLogic Server. They
produce a version for RedHat Linux. I know that some Linux binaries will run
under FreeBSD does anyone here have experience of running WebLogic under
FreeBSD ?

I read in an undated article on LinuxPlanet ...

> Also, be warned that WebLogic Server Release 4.5.1 is certified and
> supported by BEA only on Red Hat Linux using the IBM Linux JVM 1.1.8.
> (The reason? The IBM JVM uses native threads.)

... and I wondered if that IBM JVM in itself would be enough to stop it working under FreeBSD ?

Any thoughts/experiences would be welcome.

regards

richard shea

Open Door Ltd
PO Box 119-46