Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 19:43:54 -0400
From:      "Gary T. Corcoran" <gcorcoran@lucent.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to change link speed/duplex on a 3Com 3CCFE574BT ?

I managed to get my 3Com 3CCFE574BT 10/100 ethernet PC-Card going on
FreeBSD 4.1 when connected to a 100Mb hub, but I still have one problem.
I sometimes need to connect to a 10Mb network, and then the card doesn't
work.  No green light, no connectivity.  How does one change the link
speed and/or duplex settings for this card?  I tried using the 'media'
argument to ifconfig, but every keyword after 'media' seems to be rejected,
as if 'media' is not supported for this card.  I then tried using the older
'link' flags, 0, 1 and 2, and all eight combinations didn't seem to make
any difference.   So what's the magic incantation?   ;-)

Thanks,
Gary
 Gary Corcoran - Distinguished Member of Technical Staff
Lucent Microelectronics - Client Access Broadband Systems
   Communications Protocol & Driver Development Group
   "We make the drivers that make communications work"
              Email: gcorcoran@lucent.com