Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:17:27 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        btwo cfuor <c4_b2@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: x-windows

On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, btwo cfuor wrote:

>Hi there
>i want to ask a simple question on x-windows. the
>defult interface I'm using is KDE how do i switch to
>gnome or other interfaces that i have do i have to
>edit a file or is the a utility like the one in linux
>so you can switch from an interface to another

If i understand your question, you want to edit '.xinitrc' or
.xsessions' to do this.  Also, if you run sysinstall, there is an
option under configure near the bottom of the menu that lets you
change desktops easily.  I think sysinstall edits the files for you,
assuming you have those Windowmanagers installed.

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and you have
burned so very, very brightly."