Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 22:28:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Darryl Williams <darrylw@rocketmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network File System access in FreeBSD 3.3

Anyone,

I believe it should be possible to gain access from
our Unix box running FreeBSD 3.3 to file
systems/directories on either or both Windows 98 and
Windows NT Server workstations on our network to
enable ready transfer of files either to or from our
Unix workstation using an appropriate mount command
with the correct syntax, however I am not having any
joy.

For example, to gain access to the DATA directory on
our NT Server (NTETSEQ) I have tried the following
with no success:

mount -o -P NTETSEQ/DATA /mnt
mount -o -P NTETSEQ:/DATA /mnt
mount_nfs -o -P NTETSEQ:/DATA /mnt

The DATA directory on NTETSEQ is certainly available
on the network to other Windows PCs (eg J ->
\\NTETSEQ\DATA).

Any ideas/suggestions to this probably very simple
problem would be much appreciated. As an add-on I have
also had no joy trying to access files/directories on
our Unix box via any of the Windows 98 or Windows NT
workstations on our network, which should also be
possible and just as simple?

Darryl Williams
Etseq IT
Melbourne Australia