Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 05:34:36 +1000
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>, Przemyslaw Brojewski <przemek@my.tenbit.pl>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Releases

"Rodney W. Grimes" wrote:

> > > There's not such thing as self-documenting labels.
> >
> > Sure there are.  You see them everyday.  On example :push: on a door.
>
> And how many times have you mistakenly pulled on that door so labeled??
> If you say zero, you sould probably think about it harder.  If you go,
> hummm, yep, even with stuff that has ``self-docuemnting labels'' some
> people just don't read them and will :pull: when it clearly says :push:.

Very very true!
There is a door where I work, that will open both ways, but one way it
doesnt close properly again and damages the wall... There is a clear
sign near the handle saying PUSH and PULL on the correct sides, but
people just cant help continually doing it the wrong way!!! The only
solution would be to stop the door from going both ways...

There is nothing wrong with the current label system... As it has been
said RTFM!!! Its not a hard concept to grasp, there are thousands of
people that understand it just fine, for those few that dont it wouldnt
matter what labels you used they would still not understand...

Since there is no problem to be solved here, lets kill this thread and
get on with more important things...